May 2015 Minutes


Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






Wyoming PTA Minutes

Date: May 21,2015

Prepared by: Amber Setter

Participants – Board Members

Tina Tong, President Sara Brabec, Vice-President Jennifer Brady, Treasurer

Amber Setter, Secretary

Participants – Staff

Andy Stoyke Diane Dummer Kathy Wright Participants – Parents

Lisa Stang Jody Hubbard Courtney Storlie

Detailed Notes:

  • Meeting called to order at 6:00 pm.
  • Review of April Minutes.  Motion to approve by Kathy W, second by Jody H.
  • Budget Review – Carry over will be larger than average this year.  Consider larger spending project.  Discussion around funding options–no to new technology.  Playground is in need of attention.  Consider painting games on black top, painting or adding new equipment.  Increase funding for grade level speakers to at least $1000 per grade, possibly more.
  • Review of survey results.  Only 34 people completed.  If you want full results email the PTA–too long to print out.  Discussed highlights.  Guest speaker idea for next year seemed very popular.  Need to highlight direct donation option.  No other fundraisers needed at this time.  Communication appears to be good overall.  Contest for parent attendance over all meetings next year.
  • Spirit Wear – still looking into new company with direct, year-long ordering ability.  Tina will report back in September.
  • New meeting date for 2015-2016–3rd Tuesday of the month at 6pm.
  • PTA is not sponsoring Stagecoach Days or giving hours for the event.  The school is welcome to use our games and prizes.  Contact Tina to make arrangements.
  • Principal Update –  Thanks to PTA for Teacher Appreciation Week.  LakeFest coming up.  Talent Show May 29.  6th Grade Recognition June 3.  Fall Open House Sept. 2nd 4:30 – 6pm
  • Teacher Update – Big thank you for Teacher Appreciation Week.  New district policy with supply lists means teachers won’t be able to get all supplies needed for school.  Asked if PTA willing to partner with staff to ask for donations/donate needed supplies.  Amber will work with Jill Krautkremmer on this issue.
  • Motion to adjourn at 6pm.
    • Follow up in September and person responsible
      • Event Chairs – Tina
      • Website – board
      • Spirit Wear – Tina
      • School Supplies – Amber
      • Playground needs – ??
Print Friendly

Navigate Right
Navigate Left
May 2015 Minutes